Why open a Subway franchise restaurant in India?
Since 1965, Subway has come down a long way to emerge as undoubtedly one of the biggest food franchises all over the world. Subway is the number one restaurant chain in the entire Quick Service Restaurant franchise industry in terms of total unit counts. Low investments and simpler operations also count among the plus factors of starting a Subway franchise in India. As The Economic Times let us know last year, Subway was looking to open 1000 unit franchises in India by 2015 [ET, May 1, 2012. Web.]. If the managements are looking for an expansion, there is certainly room for developing your business!
No beef or pork is served in Subway restaurants in India to ensure customers of all religious communities can eat there. There is a plethora of vegetarian dishes as well, some of them being Veggie Patty, Paneer Tikka, Aloo Patty, and so on. Also, Subway restaurants in India have separate vegetarian and non-vegetarian kitchens; a feature available only in India!
Investments for Subway: Franchise opening cost & ROI in India
Before opening a Subway franchise in India, cost calculation is essential. for Indian units has not been particularly mentioned by the management. Nevertheless, we can still make some assumptions about investments required for Subway franchise in India, profit margin, ROI and other financial facts. The minimum investment amount is Rs. 25-30 lakhs. The franchise fee is a single time payment of Rs 4.5 lakhs (approximately) for the first franchisee, and Rs 2.25 for the next. The advertising and royalty fees of Subway in India are 3.5% and 8% straight on the net sales.
The minimum area requirements for Subway franchise in India is 170 sq. ft. for a food court, and a minimum of 350 sq. ft. for a non food court, with at least 8 people required. The running cost will be around one lakhs. The anticipated profit or return on investment, we presume, should be not less than 40 to 50% annually.
Steps to open a Subway franchise restaurant in India
You can start Subway franchise in India with just three easy steps. The things you have to do are:
- Request a brochure from them. Read all the business details carefully to find out whether you suit to their needs, and vice versa.
- Submit Subway franchise application and get the process rolling.
- For clearing your doubts, feel free to ask a question to the Franchise Sales Department or Regional Sales Manager.
Subway India Franchise: Contact details with phone numbers
Subway Systems India Pvt Ltd.
B 11/1, Okhla Industrial Area , Phase II
New Delhi -110020
Telephone: 011 41754035, 011 41708082
You might also want to read:
- How to Start Pizza Hut Franchise in India: Cost & ROI
- Starting KFC Franchise in India: Investments returning good profit
- Cost, investments, ROI of Subway Franchise in India
- Starting Domino's Pizza Franchise: Cost & return on investments
- How to Start Taco Bell Franchise in India: Cost, Investments & requirements